Happy Buddha Statues
The image of the Laughing Buddha is based on a wandering Chinese monk, Budai (Hotei, in Japanese) who lived centuries ago and is believed to be Maitreya, or the Buddha to come. The statue's plump figure and benign countenance suggest contentment, magnanimity and plenitude.
|Show per page|
|View as: Grid List||Sort by|
- Happy Buddha statue with antique turquoise finish
- Three figures depict See No Evil, Speak No Evil, Hear No Evil
- Made of resin with intricate detailing and aged appearance
- Measures 7” x 2.25” x 2.5”, weighs 1 pound
- Made in Nepal, minor imperfections enhance artistic appeal
- Happy Buddha statue on lotus base
- Made of premium quality porcelain
- Happy Buddha symbolizes contentment and good fortune
- Measures 10” high, 9” wide, 8” deep
- Weighs about 5.5 pounds
- Artistically made in China
Happy Buddha, or Laughing Buddha, is a legendary figure based on an ancient wandering monk. His likeness is symbolic of joy, mirth and contentment, and it is said that rubbing the head or belly of a Happy Buddha statue brings good luck and fortune.