What is the significance of different hand positions of Laughing Buddha?
The laughing Buddha statue is a symbol of happiness and contentment. The Laughing Buddha is seen in different postures, each having a different significance.
- Buddha with a money bag and a gold ingot represents wealth and good fortune.
- The Standing Happy Buddha brings riches and happiness.
- Buddha sitting on a large gold nugget with a smaller nugget in his hand ready for giving to others. This position of the Laughing Buddha is symbolic of good luck.
- Buddha sitting with his fan hat on his head represents enjoyment and good fortune.
- Buddha holding a gold ingot with his hands upright signifies abundant riches and good luck.
- Buddha with a fan in one hand and wu lou (bottle gourd) in the other hand brings blessings and good health. The fan wards off misfortune while the wu lou protects from illness.
- Buddha carrying a bag of gold on his shoulder symbolizes prosperity.
- Buddha carrying a bag of blessings on his right shoulder and a fan in his left hand protects you and keeps you safe during long journeys.
- Buddha with a travel stick in his hand protects you from harm during journeys.