Great for hallways and entrances, this hanging brass prayer wheel is inlaid with semi-precious stones and displays the eight auspicious symbols of Buddhism: The Golden Fish; The Parasol; The Urn; The Lotus Flower; The Conch Shell; The Infinite Knot; The Wheel; and The Flag. Also embossed with sacred Buddhist mantras, its cylinder contains scrolls printed with hundreds of mantras in succession. Spin it clockwise with devotion and compassion to send your deepest intentions into the universe. Fashioned with a hook for easy installation, its wooden frame can also be displayed on tabletops. Handmade in Nepal, every piece is authenticated with a small wax seal as proof of its handcrafted origins.
- Tibetan Buddhist prayer wheel
- Eight auspicious symbols represent good fortune
- Made of brass and wood with inlaid turquoise and coral
- Measures about 8 x 7 x 4 inches, includes hook for hanging
- Embossed Buddhist Om Mani mantras, may or may not have beads
- Handmade in Nepal, rustic detailing and organic finish apparent
Handmade in Nepal: organic imperfections in finish add to the artistic character of the piece. Specific design and decorative symbols may vary. Removable metal cap can be reattached by pushing down slightly over the metal rod in the center of the prayer wheel. Rough wood finish with characteristic markings, scratches and dents.