Both decorative and functional, this beautiful platter with an open lotus flower is designed to hold a tea light or incense. The lotus is called padma in both Sanskrit and Tibetan. Rooted in muddy slime, the lotus rises through water to emerge into the sun, a progress that mirrors the journey of man's soul. It is said that our hearts are like the closed petals of a lotus. Imbibing Buddhist virtues will enable the lotus to blossom into its full beauty. This is why the Buddha is often depicted seated on a lotus.
- Lotus tea light and incense holder plate
- Depicts open lotus flower
- Engraved with heart sutra excerpt
- Made of cold cast bronze (bronze coating on resin core)
- Dimensions: about 8" x 9.5" x 1.75"
- Weight: about 1.3 lb
- For use with single incense stick or cone